Movie Power Rankings: 'Amazing Spider-Man' stays on top
Where do 'Dark Knight,' 'Ted' and 'Avatar' end up?
After months of hand-wringing, both by Sony execs and hardcore fans, "Amazing Spider-Man" is open, and that's enough of a reason by itself for the film to top "Dark Knight Rises" and "Avatar" on our weekly Movie Power Rankings list. The reboot is experiencing solid, but hardly eye-popping, box office numbers, and the studio is already keen on turning it into a trilogy. Time will tell if the newest version of the Marvel superhero will turn Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone into bonafide stars, but they're definitely the Spidey stars of the hour. Will this mean more lightning-fast turnaround for potential reboots?
Watch the video from Crackle here:
As for the rest of this week's list...
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
It's almost here. And it's gonna be epic.
3. "Ted" (Last week: Not ranked)
Seth McFarlane's G-rated family film -- about a talking bear with only nice things to say -- surprises at the box office.
4. Comic-Con 2012 (Last week: Not ranked)
Get ready for four and a half days of waiting in line, eating bad pizza and ogling Slave Leias. A number of Hollywood stars will be joining you for your stay in San Diego.
5. "Magic Mike" (Last week: No. 2)
Channing Tatum's pecs continue to win the hearts of American moviegoers. Are we in for even more?
6. "Avatar" (Last week: Not ranked)
James Cameron is planning not one, not two, but THREE more trips to Pandora.
7. Academy Awards (Last week: Not ranked)
Some cool stars have been invited to join the exclusive club, including Jonah Hill, Bryan Cranston and Jessica Chastain . The Oscars org made changes to several categories, but the best original song section is still a mess.
8. "Ant-Man" (Last week: Not ranked)
Will Comic-Con attendees get the first look at Edgar Wright's upcoming adaptation of the pint-sized Marvel hero?
9. "Think Like a Man" (Last week: Not ranked)
Not even Steve Harvey is immune to sequel-itis.
10. "The Hunger Games" (Last week: Not ranked)
"Donnie Darko" and "Sucker Punch" star Jena Malone is taking aim at a significant role in the sequel, "Catching Fire." May the odds be ever in her favor.
Watch the previous installment of Movie Power Rankings here.
What do you think of this week's rankings? Share your thoughts below. Or tweet your thoughts with the hashtag #moviepowerrankings and tell us who you want to see in next week's edition.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival