Mike Vogel cast as lead in CBS' Stephen King adaptation ‘Under The Dome'
Steven Spielberg and Brian K. Vaughan exec producing series
Following a long search, CBS have settled on the leading actor for "Under The Dome," the network's 13-episode series based on the 2009 Stephen King novel.
"Pan Am" co-star Mike Vogel has inked a deal to join the series, according to Deadline.
In "Under the Dome," the fictional New England berg of Chester’s Mill is mysteriously covered by a huge invisible, impenetrable dome, cutting it off from the rest of the world. The population must deal with the sudden post-apocalyptic conditions and figure out the mystery behind the dome's existence. Vogel is set to play Barbie, a newcomer to Chester’s Mill who is in town for secretive reasons.
Vogel joins previously announced cast members Colin Ford, Natalie Martinez, Alex Koch and Britt Robertson.
Steven Spielberg, Stacey Snider and Brian K. Vaughan ("Y the Last Man") are exec producing the series, which will begin shooting this month in Wilmington, N.C.
Vogel will soon be seen in a recurring role on A&E's upcoming "Psycho" prequel "Bates Motel."
News From Our Partners
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?