Michael J. Fox returning to TV with new comedy
As-yet-untitled show will be inspired by his real life
One of TV's most beloved stars is plotting his return to primetime.
Michael J. Fox is working with some A-list creative talent on an as-yet-untitled single-camera comedy for Sony Pictures Television.
He's teaming with "Easy A" director Will Gluck and writer Sam Laybourne ("Cougar Town," "Arrested Development") on the comedy.
Although the plot details are being kept under wraps, Vulture reports that the show will be inspired by Fox's real life. They're hoping to have the show ready to premiere sometime in 2013 launch, with all the major networks currently trying to land the show currently in what's being called a "feeding frenzy." One network is even reportedly offering to go straight to series on the project, bypassing the pilot phase.
Fox first gained notice in the '80s as Alex P. Keaton on NBC's "Family Ties," before segueing into hit films like the "Back to the Future" series. He returned to TV in the late '90s with the hit ABC comedy "Spin City."
He was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, and has been laying low since 2000, recently appearing in small guest roles on shows such as "Rescue Me," "The Good Wife" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)