Miami Dolphins head to HBO's 'Hard Knocks Training Camp'
New season premieres August 7
This year's profiled team will be the AFC East's Miami Dolphins. "Knocks" will chronicle the debut season of head coach Joe Philbin, and feature all the team's veteran players, free agents and untested rookies (including QB Ryan Tannehill) as they go through training camp and preseason play.
“We are delighted that 'Hard Knocks' will be returning this summer and placing the spotlight on the Miami Dolphins, a venerable franchise that had an exciting off-season activity,” said HBO Sports' Ken Hershman in a release. “This marks the first time that the series has featured a first-year head coach and we are extremely grateful to both Coach Philbin and the entire organization for agreeing to participate. As always, there will be plenty on the line for veterans, free agents and rookies.”
“On the 40th anniversary of the greatest season in NFL history -- Don Shula’s perfect ’72 Dolphins -- it is perfectly fitting that Hard Knocks is heading to Miami to capture the start of a new era for one of the league’s proudest teams,” added NFL Films' Steve Sabol. “After 'Hard Knocks’' hiatus last summer, I know our team at NFL Films can’t wait to get back on the field.”
“All the decisions that have been made this off-season have had one guiding principle -- will it help our players and organization reach its full potential?," he continued. "This one is no different. We are convinced that our affiliation with NFL FILMS and HBO will allow football fans everywhere an opportunity to comprehend the significant sacrifices and demands that our players endure each day along their journey in training camp as a Miami Dolphin. We eagerly await the opening of training camp on July 26 and the 2012 NFL regular season that lies ahead of us.”
HBO's "Hard Knocks" launched in 2001 with the Baltimore Ravens. The latest edition, in 2010, featured the New York Jets. Several NFL teams -- reportedly the Giants, Broncos, Falcons, Texans, 49ers and Redskins -- turned down the gig for this season, before Miami and HBO were able to come to terms.
The new season of "Hard Knock" premieres Tuesday, August 7 at 10:00 ET/PT on HBO.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
22 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]