Megan Fox gets her cleavage ogled - again - in new 'This Is 40' trailer: Watch
Also: Check out Albert Brooks as Paul Rudd's freeloading father
- Critic's Rating B+
- Readers' Rating A
"Are those things real?" asks an amazed Leslie Mann as she fixates on Megan Fox's perfect twenty-something cleavage in the new trailer for Judd Apatow's "This Is 40."
"Yeah! I'm just young!" replies Fox, following up her forgettable cameo in Sacha Baron Cohen's "The Dictator" with an out-of-the-box role as a hot young woman in a bra store (who also appears to be named Desi).
And so goes another anecdote in the comfortable-but-pedestrian lives of Pete (Rudd) and Debbie (Mann), an upper-middle-class couple who begin to question what their existence is all about as they approach the neuroses-inspiring age of 40. Along for the ride in Apatow's upcoming "Knocked Up" spin-off/"sort-of-sequel" are Chris O'Dowd, Jason Segel, Charlyne Yi, John Lithgow, Lena Dunham and Albert Brooks as Rudd's deadbeat father, who at one point in the new trailer informs his son: "Your mother wanted you aborted." Ouch.
Also putting in an appearance here is Melissa McCarthy's enraged suburban mother, who this time around complains that Rudd and Mann's daughter "told my son he looked like Tom Petty - in a negative way." But hey, he kinda does.
In any case, this latest trailer does away with the "high concept-y" feel of the first one ("Let's make a list of all the things we want to change and then put them into practice!"), setting up the premise in a more natural fashion that feels truer to Apatow's freewheeling "slice-of-life" sensibilities as a filmmaker. Following the downbeat box-office misfire that was "Funny People" (his last directorial effort), "This Is 40" seems more in line with Apatow's smart-but-accessible previous efforts like "40-Year-Old Virgin" and "Knocked Up," and the trailer does a good job of communicating that.
My grade for the trailer: B+. After watching the new spot below, rate it for yourself at top left!
"This Is 40" hits theaters on December 21.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season