Matthew Fox details his shocking physical transformation on display in 'Alex Cross'
Will moviegoers even recognize him?
Many moviegoers will head to their local multiplex to see Tyler Perry in "Alex Cross" this weekend. What they might not realize is that the psychopathic killer trying to kill the title character is played by none other than Matthew Fox.
Best known for his role as Jack Shepard in the iconic TV series "Lost," Fox underwent a five-month transformation to play the crazy Picasso in "Cross." Sitting down with Fox, you'd think he'd be tired of providing details on how he lost a staggering 40 pounds. Instead, the 46-year-old - who looks much closer to his old self nowadays - went into staggering detail on how he pulled it off. And no, it wasn't P90X.
For any fan of Fox's or if you're wondering how an actor can accomplish such staggering physical changes in such a short amount of time, watch the interview embedded at the top of this article.
Fox will next be seen opposite Tommy Lee Jones in "Emperor" and in the long-delayed "World War Z" next summer.
"Alex Cross" is now playing nationwide.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures