Matthew Fox details his shocking physical transformation on display in 'Alex Cross'
Will moviegoers even recognize him?
Many moviegoers will head to their local multiplex to see Tyler Perry in "Alex Cross" this weekend. What they might not realize is that the psychopathic killer trying to kill the title character is played by none other than Matthew Fox.
Best known for his role as Jack Shepard in the iconic TV series "Lost," Fox underwent a five-month transformation to play the crazy Picasso in "Cross." Sitting down with Fox, you'd think he'd be tired of providing details on how he lost a staggering 40 pounds. Instead, the 46-year-old - who looks much closer to his old self nowadays - went into staggering detail on how he pulled it off. And no, it wasn't P90X.
For any fan of Fox's or if you're wondering how an actor can accomplish such staggering physical changes in such a short amount of time, watch the interview embedded at the top of this article.
Fox will next be seen opposite Tommy Lee Jones in "Emperor" and in the long-delayed "World War Z" next summer.
"Alex Cross" is now playing nationwide.
News From Our Partners
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell