Matchbox 20's new swoon-worthy single, 'Overjoyed'
Soon to be playing at a wedding near you
God knows, the members of Matchbox 20 have had a tough time in love in some of their songs, including most recent single, “She’s So Mean,” but with new single, “Overjoyed,” there’s nothing but sweet love going on, man, so don’t go trying to stir up trouble.
[More after the jump...]
The mid-tempo ballad, from the band’s new album “North,” out Sept. 4, is almost too good too true. Not only would lead singer Rob Thomas be glad to come over, as he sings, “I cannot overstate it, I would be overjoyed.” And he’s not just talking about for the night, he’s talking about for a lifetime. He wants to tell you secrets that nobody knows, and hold you, and even give you a foot massage (OK, I made up the last part).
This could be a wedding song for years go come and the band knows it. Check out the video below. It’s not the “official” video that’s still to come, or even a lyric video, since there a no words. It’s what we like to call a place holder video so you have something to watch on YouTube while you hopefully click to hear the song over the over again.
"North" is streaming on iTunes for free now.
News From Our Partners
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013