Marvel revamping 'Guardians of the Galaxy' script with new writer
Black List screenwriter Chris McCoy hired to pen new draft of the superhero flick
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy are getting a little face-lift.
Three-time "Black List" scribe Chris McCoy - a writer with no produced credits who's nevertheless been on Hollywood's radar for several years now - has been hired to rewrite the screenplay for the superhero film, which was recently announced as the company's upcoming "mystery title" at Comic-Con 2012. McCoy will rewrite the previous draft penned by similarly up-and-coming screenwriter Nicole Perlman.
The story was broken by The Hollywood Reporter.
The forthcoming adaptation of the Marvel comic-book series is expected to feature the characters Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer and, likely, uber-powerful supervillain Thanos (as teased in the closing credits of this summer's "The Avengers").
"Guardians of the Galaxy" has been slated for release on August 1, 2014.
Are you excited for the "Guardians" film, Marvel fans? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures