Mariah Carey visits a black and white 'Oz' in 'Almost Home' video: Watch
Song is featured in Sam Raimi's 'Oz the Great and Powerful'
Mariah Carey is back, and she doesn't need much more than her voice and a wind machine to get fans to listen.
The legendary pop star took time off from "American Idol" to visit Oz in the brand new video for her new Stargate-produced single "Almost Home," featured in the film "Oz the Great and Powerful."
Director Dave LaChapelle puts his usual garish images aside in favor of simple black and white footage of the diva as she croons, emotes, strikes slo-mo poses and stares off into the distance. The sparse stage features a stool as the only prop -- unless you count the enthusiastic wind machine which sends Carey's hair into all directions -- just like the tornado that whisks James Franco away to the Land of Oz in the film.
Her one-woman show is intercut with bright color shots from Sam Raimi's fantasy film featuring Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams, Rachel Weisz, a CG monkey and a little doll-girl.
Watch the video here:
"Oz The Great and Powerful" is now in theaters.
What do you think of the video?
News From Our Partners
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)