Macklemore & Ryan Lewis's 'Thrift Shop' tops the Billboard Hot 100
How high does Justin Timberlake's 'Suit & Tie' jump?
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis bargain hunt their way to No. 1 as “Thrift Shop” featuring Wanz tops the Billboard Hot 100.
But that’s not the only big story on the chart this week: Justin Timberlake’s first new single in six years, “Suit & Tie,” somersaults 84-4. It’s his 12th Hot 100 Top 10 as a solo or featured artist and his first since her appeared on Ciara’a “Love Sex Magic” in 2009, according to Billboard.
“Thrift Shop,” which ends Bruno Mars’ “Locked Out Of Heaven” six-week run at No. 1,” attains its pole position through strong digital sales (it solds 431,000 downloads last week compared with “Suit & Tie’s” 315,000), as well as heavy streaming. In fact, the song set a streaming record, garnering 1.68 million streams last week, topping the previous record-holder Gotye’s “Somebody That I Used To Know.” Airplay is still building for “Thrift,” which rises to No. 14 on Billboard’s Radio Songs chart.
Mars’ “Locked” slips to No. 3, while The Lumineers’ “Ho Hey” holds at No. 3. Taylor Swift’s “I Knew You Were Trouble” falls 4-5, despite gaining airplay. The song is No. 1 on Billboard’s Pop Songs chart this week.
Will.i.am and Britney Spears’ “Scream & Shout” remains at No. 6, while Swedish House Mafia’s “Don’t You Worry Child” featuring John Martin stays at No. 7.
Rihanna’s “Diamonds” slips 5-8, Justin Bieber’s “Beauty and a Beat” featuring Nicki Minaj slides 8-9 and Phillip Phillips’ “Home” dips 9-10.
News From Our Partners
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013
Plus, watch Dave Grohl perform 'Bitch' with The Rolling StonesMonday, May 20, 2013
Guests on third country set include Lady Antebellum and Sheryl CrowMonday, May 20, 2013
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013