Luke Bryan set to join Blake Shelton as ACMs co-host
Bryan replaces Reba McEntire at country music awards show
Blake Shelton will have help hosting the Academy of Country Music Awards on April 7.
Shelton has co-hosted the ACMs with Reba McEntire for the past two years after joining the long-time solo host in 2011. McEntire announced that she will no longer be co-hosting in the fall, leaving speculation that Shelton would go it alone until a few days ago when it was announced he would have a co-host and the guessing games began.
Now it turns out that Luke Bryan will join him to emcee the awards ceremony, which airs live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. We doubt he’ll look as lovely as McEntire in an evening gown. Bryan definitely brings a younger, boys-club vibe to the proceedings.
In other ACM news, Brad Paisley will host the Fan Jam, which runs concurrently with the ACM telecast and features acts performing live in a free show. Remote footage from the Fan Jam is cut into the television portion.
Additionally, as has been the case for the past four years, the night after the ACMs, the Academy and Dick Clark Productions will tape a themed night featuring many of country’s biggest names for a special that will air later in the Spring. Last year’s special was basically an infomercial for Lionel Richie’s “Tuskegee” album. Years past have included salutes to George Strait and Brooks & Dunn.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
Will their collaboration yield Smith's first release in 8 years?Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Tickets go on sale on FridayTuesday, May 21, 2013
She is woman, hear her roarTuesday, May 21, 2013
Keyboardist died today of cancerMonday, May 20, 2013