Luke Bryan and Lady Antebellum lead American Country Award nominations
Taylor Swift, Zac Brown Band and Eric Church also garner multiple nods
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Luke Bryan just keeps getting hotter.
The rising country music star is the lead nominee for this year's American Country Awards with seven. He beat out established stars like Taylor Swift and Lady Antebellum in a field announced early Wednesday.
Lady A and Zac Brown Band are next with six nominations apiece, while Swift and Eric Church took five nods each for the third annual fan-voted awards.
Bryan, Swift, Lady A, Zac Brown Band and Jason Aldean are up for the night's top honor, artist of the year. Bryan also has nominations in the male artist, album, single and video of the year categories.
Dierks Bentley's "Home," Church's "Chief," Lady A's "Own the Night" and Blake Shelton's "Red River Blue" join Bryan's "tailgates & tanlines" on the album of the year list. Hit song "I Don't Want This Night To End" nabbed Bryan single and video of the year nominations.
Miranda Lambert's popular trio Pistol Annies is nominated in the new artist category with Lauren Alaina, Hunter Hayes, Jana Kramer and Kip Moore.
Organizers have added a song of the year category in 2012 as well. There are 10 nominees, including two Aldean entries: "Flyover States" and "Tattoos on This Town."
The performance-heavy ACAs will air live Dec. 10 on Fox from Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas with Kristin Chenoweth and Trace Adkins returning as co-hosts. Voting is open on the show's website.
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me