Lindsay Lohan's 'Liz & Dick' exhaustion incident prompts union investigation
Rocky production being eyed closely following Lohan tweet about excessive working conditions
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Two Hollywood unions were scrutinizing worker safety and welfare on Lindsay Lohan's TV movie "Liz & Dick" after the actress tweeted that she was exhausted because of long production days.
Larry A. Thompson, producer of the Lifetime movie starring Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor, said Wednesday that no violations were found in one union's review.
The Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists confirmed its representatives visited the production. It said it "will continue to visit" to enforce guild rules.
"We have spoken with representatives from the company, and they are fully aware of their contractual obligations. We will ensure that all applicable penalties will be paid," the guild said in a statement.
SAG-AFTRA would not elaborate, spokeswoman Pamela Greenwalt said.
IATSE, the stage employees union, also was examining production conditions, including the crew's work hours, a person familiar with the review said. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the person lacked authorization to discuss the issue publicly.
First Look: Lindsay Lohan as Elizabeth Taylor in 'Liz & Dick'
Lifetime biopic slated to begin filming today
Lindsay Lohan's Liz Taylor biopic finds its Richard Burton
'True Blood' actor Grant Bowler nabs coveted role
Lohan was treated last week by paramedics for exhaustion and dehydration. She posted on Twitter: "Note to self... After working 85hours in 4days, and being up all night shooting, be very aware that you might pass out from exhaustion & . 7 paramedics MIGHT show up."
News reports that two crew members also sought treatment for exhaustion were incorrect, said Stan Rosenfield, Thompson's spokesman.
"Liz & Dick," about the romance of Taylor and Richard Burton, is expected to wrap principal photography at the end of June after about four weeks of shooting at Southern California locations standing in for Europe.
The house used Tuesday is serving as the Italian villa Taylor occupied while filming "Cleopatra," Thompson said.
Filming has been rocky for Lohan. She was involved in a June 8 car crash on her way to the set but resumed shooting later that day.
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
5 months ago
8 months ago
|Discuss TV General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!