Lil Wayne says 'Tha Carter V' could be his final solo album
Lil Wayne announced his retirement to MTV News while promoting his Young Money label's new compilation, "Rise of an Empire." During the video interview, Weezy said the upcoming “Tha Carter V” will definitely be his last in the “Carter” series and also likely his last solo effort. Listen to the "Young Money: Rise of an Empire" single "Senile" and check out the track list for "Tha Carter V" below.
With a straight face, Lil Wayne explained: "25 to 35 million would get me to do another solo album after this," he said. "I personally plan on this being my final solo album, yes and it's definitely the final Carter album. It's the final Carter album. It's stopping at five."
Based on a track list that leaked in February, "Tha Carter V" is set to feature all-star guests including Drake, Kanye West, Game, J. Cole, Meek Mill, Future, Nas, Rich Homie Quan, Birdman, The Weeknd, Young Thug and Bun B. At a Drake show in New Orleans last month, Weezy announced that his new album would come out May 5.
Here’s the unofficial track list for "Tha Carter V”:
1. "Intro" feat. Game, Drake
2. "Flown" feat. Birdman, Future
3. "Kill 'Em" feat. Meek Mill
5. "Not a Chance" feat. the Weeknd, Future
6. "No Answers" feat. Kanye West
8. "They Ain't Wit Us" feat. Drake, Young Thug
9. "Tomorrow Ain't Tomorrow" feat. Rich Homie Quan
10. "Can't Trust 'Em" feat. Bun B, J. Cole
11. "Forty" feat. Future, Nas
12. "The End - Outro" feat. Birdman