Led Zeppelin reunion questions met with annoyance by band members
Robert Plant calls one reporter a 'schmuck' during Tuesday press conference
NEW YORK (AP) — If the members of Led Zeppelin plan on reuniting, they have a funny way of saying it.
During a news conference Tuesday promoting their 2007 reunion concert film, "Celebration Day," the band became uncomfortable with a question about "anticipating something bigger for the band."
"We've been thinking about all sorts of things, and then we can't remember what we were thinking about," singer Robert Plant said testily. He then referred to this reporter by the pejorative term "schmuck."
Throughout the news conference, the band fielded questions about a possible reunion, often responding with stoic silence.
At one point, guitarist Jimmy Page mentioned that the reunion concert was five years ago and that if there was a chance they were reuniting, you would have heard.
"Seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?" Page said.
The film covers their 2007 reunion concert at London's 02 Arena. Original members Plant, Page, and John Paul Jones, as well as the son of the late John Bonham played a one-time tribute concert in honor of Atlantic records founder Ahmet Ertegun.
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays