Lady Gaga sued by toy company Bratz
Doll-makers say superstar improperly backed out of a deal
NEW YORK (AP) — A toy company is suing Lady Gaga for more than $10 million, claiming the pop star improperly backed out of a deal to make a doll in her likeness that would play snippets of her music.
In a suit filed in New York City on Tuesday, MGA Entertainment says it paid a $1 million advance to the company that handles Gaga's merchandizing and spent a mint racing to meet deadlines to ship the dolls this summer.
A representative for Lady Gaga called the lawsuit "ill-conceived."
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
News From Our Partners
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash