Lady Gaga may settle with Bratz doll makers in $10 million lawsuit
Manufacturer alleges the pop singer improperly backed out of a deal with the company
NEW YORK (AP) — The toy company behind the Bratz doll line says it's working toward settling a New York lawsuit accusing Lady Gaga of sabotaging a deal to make a doll in her likeness.
Manufacturer MGA Entertainment Inc. says in a court document filed Wednesday there has been "progress" toward resolving the case. It says it anticipates "further pursuit of settlement in the upcoming days."
Lawyers for the company and Lady Gaga haven't returned calls made Thursday seeking comment.
Van Nuys (neyes), Calif.-based MGA Entertainment filed the more than $10 million lawsuit last month. It said Lady Gaga's representatives stopped cooperating with the doll project after MGA Entertainment spent more than $1 million.
The dolls were to play snippets of the singer's music.
A Lady Gaga representative has called the lawsuit "ill-conceived."
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn