Lady Antebellum announces next album 'Golden'
Fourth full-length and 'road trip record' arrives May
It's been almost exactly a month since Lady Antebellum lifted the curtain on their new single "Downtown," so it's about time they announce the album it's attached to: "Golden," the country crew's new full-length, will be released on May 7.
The trio describes the set as a "road-trip record" and in... sunny terms.
“This album feels to me like one of those that from start to finish could be a good road-trip record and that’s what we wanted,” said Charles Kelley in a release. “It’s one of the reasons why the term ‘golden’ was kind of cool. I think about road trips and driving down the road with those little streaks of sunshine popping through the trees, especially at sunset. ‘Golden’…it just gives you this warm, easy feeling.”
Stevie Nicks and Lady Antebellum swap songs at 'Crossroads' taping
Country trio debuts brand new song, 'Golden'
Listen: Lady Antebellum's new single, 'Downtown'
What do you think of the change of pace?
"Golden" arrives on the heels of 2012 Christmas album "On This Winter's Night," which peaked at No. 8 on The Billboard 200. Not counting that holiday set, "Golden" will be Lady A's fourth full-length, with their previous 2011 album "Need You Now" having made it to No. 1.
"Downtown" is currently at country radio; HitFix's Melinda Newman says the single "is a twangy, Americana, rootsy tune with a fun bluesy guitar lead that has more in common with Bonnie Raitt than Taylor Swift." You can hear it in the lyric video below. The band also previewed the title track and more at a recent "Crossroads" collaboration with Stevie Nicks.
News From Our Partners
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts