Kristen Stewart nabs Jennifer Lawrence-coveted 'Lie Down in Darkness' role
Also: Will affair drama keep Rupert Sanders from returning for the 'Snow White' sequel?
Current tabloid queen Kristen Stewart is preparing to "Lie Down in Darkness."
By the way, that's not a metaphor for her cheatin' ways - it's the title of her next project, an adaptation of William Styron's 1951 novel of the same name that centers on the tragic downfall of a well-to-do Virginia family. Stewart has signed on to play the lead role of Peyton Loftis, a beautiful young woman who is irreparably damaged by a dysfunctional relationship with her hateful mother (who reserves all her love for Peyton's crippled sister Maudie) and alcoholic, incestuous father.
"Crazy Heart" helmer Scott Cooper is on board to direct the film, which reportedly drew interest from "Hunger Games" star Jennifer Lawrence, though the actress would've been unable to commit due to a shooting schedule that includes a fall production start for "Catching Fire" and a January start for the upcoming "X-Men: First Class" sequel.
In other Stewart news, Universal's planned sequel of "Snow White and the Huntsman" continues to move forward despite the drama surrounding Stewart's admitted affair with married director Rupert Sanders, with the studio claiming “nothing has changed and we are still looking at sequel options that would include Rupert directing.” David Koepp has been retained to write the script for the follow-up.
Credit goes to Vulture for breaking both stories.
Stewart has two films coming up this year: the highly-anticipated "Breaking Dawn - Part 2" and Walter Salles' Jack Kerouac adaptation "On the Road" (Cannes review).
Do you think Stewart is the right choice for "Lie Down in Darkness," or would you have preferred Lawrence in the part? Also, any interest in seeing a "Snow White and the Huntsman" sequel? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
3 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays