Kristen Stewart and Elizabeth Banks sign on for sexy dark comedy 'The Big Shoe'
Jim Sturgess also stars in new film from 'Secretary' director
The worlds of "Twilight" and "The Hunger Games" are joining as one - sort of.
Kristen Stewart and Elizabeth Banks, stars of the former and latter franchises, respectively, have signed on to star in "The Big Shoe," a new dark comedy that has Jim Sturgess ("Cloud Atlas") attached to play a footwear designer who must extricate himself from a family intent on mass-producing his creations for financial gain. To try and get him back on board, the family hires a psychotherapist (Banks) and a beautiful "muse" (Stewart) to break down his defenses.
The film will be directed by Steven Shainberg, in his first helming effort since 2006's "Fur: An Imaginary Portrait of Diane Arbus" starring Nicole Kidman. According to Deadline, which broke the story, Shainberg (who co-wrote the script with Mickey Birnbaum) claims the film will feature the same mix of dark comedy and eroticism as his 2002 film "Secretary," which starred Maggie Gyllenhaal as the sexually submissive assistant to an attorney played by James Spader.
Stewart continues to pad her resume with a mixture of big-budget studio fare and smaller indie projects; in addition to last year's "Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" and franchise-starter "Snow White and the Huntsman," she played a supporting role in "On the Road," an adaptation of the Beat Generation classic by Jack Kerouac. She's currently signed on to reprise her role in a sequel to "Huntsman," production on which is expected to begin sometime in 2013.
As for Banks, she can currently be seen in this weekend's "Movie 43," an anthology film that features 12 comedy gross-out comedy segments, one of which she directed. She's also slated to reprise her role as Effie Trinket in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," which is scheduled to hit theaters on November 22, 2013.
Will you be trying on "The Big Shoe"? Sound off in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"