Khloe Kardashian and Mario Lopez confimed as 'X Factor' hosts
Duo to make their big debut on first live episode next month
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Mario Lopez and Khloe Kardashian Odom are officially joining "The X Factor."
After weeks of speculation, Fox announced Tuesday that the "Extra" host and the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" co-star will indeed host the second season of the talent competition. Lopez and Odom will first appear as hosts during the show's live broadcasts next month, the network said.
"The worst kept secret in Hollywood is out," said "X Factor" creator and judge Simon Cowell in a statement. "Mario and Khloe are our hosts. They will debut on our first live show in November, and I couldn't be happier."
British television personality Steve Jones served as the sole host for the first season of the U.S. edition of the show.
The addition of Lopez and Kardashian is the latest shift for the underperforming singing contest. Britney Spears and Demi Lovato joined Cowell and L.A. Reid on "The X Factor" judging panel at the start of the second season. The pair replaced Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
"I'm very excited to be joining 'The X Factor' team," said Lopez, who has also hosted MTV's "America's Best Dance Crew" for the past seven seasons. "I love the show, and I've been a big fan of Simon Cowell and the judges for a long time. Khloe and I have been friends for years, and I know we'll be a great team and have a blast."
The current second season of "X Factor" is earning solid ratings for Fox, but NBC's "The Voice" continues to perform better. Last week, 12.55 million people watched "The Voice," while "X Factor" was seen by 9.71 million, according to the Nielsen Co.
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
23 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh