Justin Timberlake to play alcoholic food critic in new dramedy
'The Last Drop' will be helmed by 'Nick and Norah' director Peter Sollett
Justin Timberlake will be hitting the bottle for his next film.
The "Trouble with the Curve" star has signed on to play an alcoholic New York restaurant critic (naturally) in a new romantic dramedy titled "The Last Drop," according to Variety, with director Peter Sollett ("Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist") on board to helm from a script by newcomers Brandon and Phil Murphy. The arc of Timberlake's character will center on his efforts to get sober after meeting and falling in love with a young woman.
Timberlake can currently be seen in "Trouble with the Curve" opposite Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams (review). Next year he has two films slated - the Coen Bros.' "Inside Llewyn Davis," in which he stars opposite Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan and Garrett Hedlund, and online gaming drama "Runner, Runner" co-starring Ben Affleck, Gemma Arterton and Anthony Mackie.
Do you think Timberlake can pull off this latest role? Are you a fan of his previous acting work? Sound off in the comments.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy