Justin Timberlake takes over the CW on March 19 for album release party
Enjoy the latest performances from 'Timberweek' on 'Jimmy Fallon'
[More after the jump...]
Next week, he switches to the CW. On March 19, the actual release day for “The 20/20 Experience,” for the horribly titled “Target Presents The IHeartRadio Album Release Party with Justin Timberlake.” Let me see... who could possibly be the sponsor of such a spectacle? And what radio conglomerate could be behind it? Hmmmm. I’ll have to think about that some more.
The glorified electronic press kit will air at 8 p.m. on March 19 and repeat on March 22. It will include, according to the Los Angeles Times, footage of Timberlake discussing the making of the album (which is available for listening on iTunes), performances shot at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles, and, we believe, the premiere of the “Mirrors” video.
While Timberlake has done little print press so far, he’s been all over television to promote the set and it looks like it’s working. Billboard predicts that “The 20/20 Experience” will sell more than 500,000 in its opening week.
In the meantime, enjoy Timberlake’s performances from last night’s “Fallon”: “Mirrors” and an adorable version of “Sexyback," Barbershop quartet style by The Ragtime Gals.
Come back later tonight when we'll post a video gallery of Timberlake's 10 best songs. On Friday, we'll post our review of "The 20/20 Experience."
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013
They let their fingers do the talkingFriday, May 17, 2013
How do you auto-tune a smurf?Friday, May 17, 2013
The Twitterverse says yes, her rep says noFriday, May 17, 2013