Justin Timberlake takes over the CW on March 19 for album release party
Enjoy the latest performances from 'Timberweek' on 'Jimmy Fallon'
[More after the jump...]
Next week, he switches to the CW. On March 19, the actual release day for “The 20/20 Experience,” for the horribly titled “Target Presents The IHeartRadio Album Release Party with Justin Timberlake.” Let me see... who could possibly be the sponsor of such a spectacle? And what radio conglomerate could be behind it? Hmmmm. I’ll have to think about that some more.
The glorified electronic press kit will air at 8 p.m. on March 19 and repeat on March 22. It will include, according to the Los Angeles Times, footage of Timberlake discussing the making of the album (which is available for listening on iTunes), performances shot at the El Rey Theater in Los Angeles, and, we believe, the premiere of the “Mirrors” video.
While Timberlake has done little print press so far, he’s been all over television to promote the set and it looks like it’s working. Billboard predicts that “The 20/20 Experience” will sell more than 500,000 in its opening week.
In the meantime, enjoy Timberlake’s performances from last night’s “Fallon”: “Mirrors” and an adorable version of “Sexyback," Barbershop quartet style by The Ragtime Gals.
Come back later tonight when we'll post a video gallery of Timberlake's 10 best songs. On Friday, we'll post our review of "The 20/20 Experience."
News From Our Partners
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013