Justin Timberlake, One Direction and Taylor Swift burn up the 2013 Brits: Watch
Timberlake delivers first-ever live performance of new single 'Mirrors'
It was an A-list affair at Tuesday evening's Brit Awards, where heavy-hitters including Justin Timberlake, One Direction and Taylor Swift took the stage at London's massive o2 Arena.
For starters, the show featured Timberlake's first-ever live performance of "20/20 Experience" single "Mirrors," and it was yet another solid showing by the former 'N-Syncer. Out of the music spotlight for years and now firmly on the comeback trail, the former teen idol's soulful falsetto and electric stage presence remain fully intact in 2013.
Next up we have British boy band One Direction, who mashed up a pair of New Wave classics - Blondie's "One Way or Another" and The Undertones' "Teenage Kicks" - in a performance that made me yearn to hear the original tunes again minus all the distracting giant pinball-machine theatrics, subpar talent-show vocals and One Direction.
As for Taylor Swift, the multi-platinum superstar and Diet Coke shiller once again demonstrated her pop tartlet chops with a hair-flipping performance of "I Knew You Were Trouble," which saw the singer changing from a long white wedding-cake dress to an oh-so-sexy black leotard in record time. The entire thing climaxed in an orgiastic EDM frenzy with lots of flashing nightclub lights and even more hair-flipping. You go, girl. (Apologies for the poor video quality, but you get the gist.)
What did you think of the performances? Sound off in the comments.
You can check out a full roundup of the 2013 Brit Awards here.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)