Justin Timberlake, One Direction and Taylor Swift burn up the 2013 Brits: Watch
Timberlake delivers first-ever live performance of new single 'Mirrors'
It was an A-list affair at Tuesday evening's Brit Awards, where heavy-hitters including Justin Timberlake, One Direction and Taylor Swift took the stage at London's massive o2 Arena.
For starters, the show featured Timberlake's first-ever live performance of "20/20 Experience" single "Mirrors," and it was yet another solid showing by the former 'N-Syncer. Out of the music spotlight for years and now firmly on the comeback trail, the former teen idol's soulful falsetto and electric stage presence remain fully intact in 2013.
Next up we have British boy band One Direction, who mashed up a pair of New Wave classics - Blondie's "One Way or Another" and The Undertones' "Teenage Kicks" - in a performance that made me yearn to hear the original tunes again minus all the distracting giant pinball-machine theatrics, subpar talent-show vocals and One Direction.
As for Taylor Swift, the multi-platinum superstar and Diet Coke shiller once again demonstrated her pop tartlet chops with a hair-flipping performance of "I Knew You Were Trouble," which saw the singer changing from a long white wedding-cake dress to an oh-so-sexy black leotard in record time. The entire thing climaxed in an orgiastic EDM frenzy with lots of flashing nightclub lights and even more hair-flipping. You go, girl. (Apologies for the poor video quality, but you get the gist.)
What did you think of the performances? Sound off in the comments.
You can check out a full roundup of the 2013 Brit Awards here.
News From Our Partners
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock