Justin Timberlake: I'm not able to rush out albums
'SexyBack' star explains why he hasn't put out any new music in six years
LOS ANGELES (AP) — He brought "SexyBack," but don't quite wait for Justin Timberlake to bring his music back — just yet.
The singing superstar said his music making process is fueled by life's experiences and making an album "is a really big deal."
"For me, personally, when I do sit down and decide to do it, it's just a special thing," he said in an interview Wednesday night.
Timberlake is engaged to actress Jessica Biel. He's appeared in a ton of movies in recent years, from "The Social Network" to "Friends With Benefits." This week he's in "Trouble With the Curve," alongside Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams.
His last album was 2006's "FutureSex/LoveSounds," a Grammy-winning record that launched three No. 1 hits and sold more than 4 million units in the United States. He's appeared on songs by other musicians but has not released his own music since.
The 31-year-old said he's unlike today's artists, who constantly drop albums and singles.
"I don't know that I can pump them out every year," he said.
Copyright (2012) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell