Justin Long clocks in for Stephen King adaptation 'Ten O'Clock People'
Actor in negotiations for Tom Holland feature based on 'Nightmares and Dreamscapes' story
Justin Long could be the latest actor to star in a Stephen King adaptation on screen. He's currently in negotiations for writer-director Tom Holland's "The Ten O'Clock People," based on a short story from King's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" collection.
Long would play a smoker trying to kick his habit only to discover a horrifying secret visible only to people like him. King has said he wrote the story in just three days.
Horror veteran Holland is best known for writing and directing "Fright Night" and "Child's Play," but he also has previous experience adapting King's work on the 1995 TV mini "The Langoliers" and 1996 feature "Thinner."
Although the last major film based on one of King's works was 2007's "The Mist," there's a mini- resurgence in adapting the author lately. "The Dark Tower," "It" and "The Stand" are in various stages of development and a new take on "Carrie" is in production for release next year with Kimberly Pierce directing Chloë Moretz and Julianne Moore.
Long will next be seen in the Sundance comedy "For a Good Time, Call..." "The Ten O'Clock People" is expected to start shooting in September.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
12 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title