Joss Whedon's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' pilot begins production
Cast includes 'Avengers' star Clark Gregg and Ming-Na Wen
Suit up, Marvel fans - production on the "S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot has officially commenced.
"Shooting is officially underway. You can follow us on Twitter @ABC_SHIELD," reads an update on the show's official Facebook page that was posted on Wednesday. Greenlit by ABC last August, the pilot is being directed by "Avengers" helmer Joss Whedon, who co-wrote the script with brother Jed Whedon and sister-in-law Maurissa Tancharoen. "Avengers" star Clark Gregg will reprise the role of Agent Phil Coulson in the potential series alongside Ming-Na Wen ("ER"), Brett Dalton, Elizabeth Henstridge, Chloe Bennet and Iaian De Caestecker. If picked up to series, the show will take place after the events in last summer's "The Avengers."
Care to hear more about "S.H.I.E.L.D."? See what ABC president Paul Lee had to say about it at the Television Critics' Association winter press tour earlier this month.
News From Our Partners
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters