Jim Carrey may team with 'Napoleon Dynamite' director for 'Loomis Fargo'
Heist comedy is based on real-life 1997 theft
Jim Carrey is on the comedy film comeback trail.
The funny man is in talks to star in the upcoming heist comedy "Loomis Fargo," from "Napoleon Dynamite" director Jared Hess.
The fact-based film follows a quartet of robbers who stole $17 million from Loomis Fargo armored truck in 1997. Carrtey would play the group's leader, a Southern ex-military man, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The initial script was written “Up All Night” creator Emily Spivey, and was re-written by Danny McBride and Jody Hill (“Eastbound and Down”). However, the shooting draft will be credited to Chris Bowman and Hubbel Palmer (both writers on the animated "Napoleon Dynamite" TV spin-off).
Carrey hasn't had a bona fide box office hit in some time, although the family film "Mr. Popper's Penguins" made over $100 million overseas. He'll next be seen alongside Steve Carell and Olivia Wilde in "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone," and he recently signed on to co-star in the upcoming "Kick-Ass 2, and he may be joining the "Dumb and Dumber" sequel after all.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
12 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain