Jessica Alba talks about 'A.C.O.D.' and improvisation at Sundance premiere
Movie stars 'love to divulge a lot of private information'
Red carpets were made with the likes of Jessica Alba in mind.
The starlet brightened up this year's chilly Sundance Film Festival with her most recent foray into the world of film comedy, "A.C.O.D.," which stars Adam Scott ("Parks and Recreation"). She spoke to HitFix's Dan Fienberg about the film, comedy improvisation, and Sundance itself.
The film, which deals with the effects that divorce can have on children after they've reached adulthood, allowed Alba and her co-stars to bring personal baggage to their roles. "Actors...love to talk about ourselves," she quipped. "We love to divulge a lot of private information. We just spill it." She describes "A.C.O.D." as grounded and authentic, while still being a crowd-pleaser.
When asked if she was able to keep up with the film's stellar grouping of veteran improv masters like Scott, Amy Poehler, Catherine O'Hare and Jane Lynch, Alba responded with a coy "I guess you'll see."
"A.C.O.D." (an acronym for "Adult Children of Divorce") also stars Clark Duke, Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Ken Howard.
Miramax will release the film later this year.
Read Dan Fienberg's review here.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
over 1 year ago
over 1 year ago
|Discuss Film Festivals on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title