Jamie Lidell to drop new album on February 19
Listen to new single 'What a Shame'
Eclectic singer-songwriter Jamie Lidell is set to release his highly-anticipated new album on February 19 via Warp Records.
His fifth full-length release, the self-titled album signals somewhat of a new direction for the artist, who freely mixes electronic blips and bleeps with more traditional rock and soul sounds. Lidell cites such disparate artists as Mtume, Cameo, Bobby Brown (and New Jack Swing, in general) and George Clinton as inspirations for his latest.
“I referenced a lot of the analogue synth tones of the records I really love,” he says, “the question isn’t electronic music or not, it’s what are you trying to say with the electronics you choose.”
Here's the futurisitc-psychedelic cover art:
Lidell recently relocated from New York to Nashville and built a large recording studio in his home. “The whole house has become a recording studio,” Lidell says, “the entire album was recorded and mixed at home. I’m proud of that.”
Hear the new song "What a Shame" here:
Here's the track listing for "Jamie Lidell":
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion