Jamie Foxx running for president in new Roland Emmerich actioner
Channing Tatum already slated to star as a Secret Service operative
Jamie Foxx is a wanted man.
The "Django Unchained" star is being pursued by director Roland Emmerich for his next project "White House Down," an action film set up at Sony that focuses on the efforts of a Secret Service agent (played by the previously-cast Channing Tatum) to defend the President after a paramilitary organization invades the White House and takes everyone inside hostage. According to story-breaker Variety, Foxx has also shown an interest in the film - in which he would star as the President - though no formal negotiations have yet taken place.
Written by James Vanderbilt ("The Amazing Spider-Man," "Zodiac"), "White House Down" is slated to begin production in August.
Foxx was last seen in Seth Gordon's "Horrible Bosses" opposite Jason Bateman, Kevin Spacey, Colin Farrell, Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis. "Django Unchained" hits theaters on December 25 (watch the film's first trailer here).
Do you think Foxx is a good fit for the role of the President? Does the film itself hold any appeal for you? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?