Jamie Foxx: Electro's 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' costume won't be green and yellow
'Django Unchained' star says the producers want a more 'grounded' look
Those hoping to see supervillain Electro's traditional green and yellow costume in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" are in for a rude awakening.
"It won’t be green and yellow," said Jamie Foxx, tapped to play the supervillain in the upcoming Marvel sequel, during a recent interview with BlackFilm. "It will be a different color. They [the producers] want something for the future. They want to have it more grounded and not as comic book-y, so it won’t be green and yellow. They want to try new things, like a liquid rubber and things like that, and there are all these bolts and stuff in my arms when they are hanging me upside down and trying to figure out what happen[ed]. How did he become this way? So, it will be some new stuff."
Marc Webb has signed on to return for the follow-up, in which returning stars Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will be joined by franchise newcomers Foxx, Shailene Woodley (as Mary Jane Watson) and "Chronicle"'s Dane DeHaan (as Harry Osborn). Production is scheduled for a February start in London.
"The Amazing Spider-Man 2" is slated to hit theaters on May 2, 2014.
What do you think of the producers' decision not to go with Electro's traditional costume? Sound off in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats