James Bond escorts Queen Elizabeth to the Summer Olympics
Daniel Craig, Winston Churchill and Welsh Corgis co-star in clip
There's a new Bond Girl in town, and 007 may have finally met his match.
When Queen Elizabeth II decided to drop in on the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympic Games in London, she got her top agent to escort her. In the video below, James Bond (Daniel Craig) picks her majesty up at Buckingham and whisks her away to a helicopter (leaving her Welsh Corgis behind), they fly over the crowded city (with a cameo from Winston Churchill), before making a grand entrance.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
The opening ceremonies were directed by Danny Boyle ("28 Days Later," "Slumdog Millionaire") and were loaded with references to Britain's formidable cultural history -- from Dickens to The Beatles to Mr. Bean, and what would a celebration of England be without the Queen and 007?
...and -- what do you know? -- there just happens to be a new Bond movie scheduled to hit theaters later this year.
"Skyfall," also starring Ralph Fiennes, Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Naomie Harris and Albert Finney, opens October 26 in the U.K..
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?