Jack White confirms that Radiohead recorded in his studio
White 'didn't play with them or produce it'
It appears that neither Radiohead nor Jack White are very good at keeping secrets.
During their lauded headlining set at last month's Bonnaroo Festival in Manchster, Tenn., Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke teased fans by saying “This song is for Jack White. We saw him yesterday. A big thank you to him, but we can’t tell you why. You’ll find out...," before launching into the song "Supercollider."
Obsessive fans surmised that the Oxford group had laid down some tracks (possibly new ones) at White's Third Man Studios, located in nearby Nashville. Oftentimes, acclaimed artists drop by the studio to cut an exclusive single for White's Third Man record label, with White often producing or performing on the recordings.
"I don't know how much to tell about," the former White Stripes leader revealed in a BBC6 Music interview. "I didn't play with them or produce it, but they came and recorded at Third Man, and I don't know what else they want to be said about that so that's probably all I can say!"
We'll have to wait and see what Yorke and co. cooked up in Nashville.
The always-busy White also recently collaborated with Beck and Keith Richards, in addition to releasing his own hit solo album, "Blunderbuss."
Recently, Radiohead was forced to re-schedule several tour dates after part of their stage set collapsed in Toronto, tragically killing crew member Scott Johnson and injuring three others.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy