Jack White confirms that Radiohead recorded in his studio
White 'didn't play with them or produce it'
It appears that neither Radiohead nor Jack White are very good at keeping secrets.
During their lauded headlining set at last month's Bonnaroo Festival in Manchster, Tenn., Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke teased fans by saying “This song is for Jack White. We saw him yesterday. A big thank you to him, but we can’t tell you why. You’ll find out...," before launching into the song "Supercollider."
Obsessive fans surmised that the Oxford group had laid down some tracks (possibly new ones) at White's Third Man Studios, located in nearby Nashville. Oftentimes, acclaimed artists drop by the studio to cut an exclusive single for White's Third Man record label, with White often producing or performing on the recordings.
"I don't know how much to tell about," the former White Stripes leader revealed in a BBC6 Music interview. "I didn't play with them or produce it, but they came and recorded at Third Man, and I don't know what else they want to be said about that so that's probably all I can say!"
We'll have to wait and see what Yorke and co. cooked up in Nashville.
The always-busy White also recently collaborated with Beck and Keith Richards, in addition to releasing his own hit solo album, "Blunderbuss."
Recently, Radiohead was forced to re-schedule several tour dates after part of their stage set collapsed in Toronto, tragically killing crew member Scott Johnson and injuring three others.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING