Jack Black goes nuts in new OFF! music video for Funny or Die
Band members join comedian for 'Lethal Justice'
Jack Black has teamed with Funny or Die and OFF!, the all-star L.A. punk band featuring Keith Morris (Circle Jerks, Black Flag) and members of Redd Kross and Burning Brides, for a literally gut-wrenching video for the band's song "Wrong."
Starting with a faux bumper welcoming TV viewers back to the Saturday afternoon movie, "Lethal Justice," the off-the-cuff clip evokes sleazy '70s exploitation movies, with Jack Black and the members of OFF! forming a gang to battle the mustachioed Jalisco underneath a bridge. It's a one-joke premise that isn't particularly original, especially in the age of Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez, but it's short and mildly amusing.
It also gives Black another opportunity to display his martial arts skills, as seen (sort of) in the "Kung Fu Panda" films.
Watch it here:
The song can be found on OFF!'s most recent self-titled release, which crams 17 songs into just over 15 minutes and features artwork by legendary L.A. punk artist Raymond Pettibone who designed the famous "black bars" logo for Black Flag back in the day.
What do you think of the video?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
3 months ago
6 months ago
|Discuss Music General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed