Is 'Star Trek Into Darkness' the title of J.J. Abrams' upcoming sequel?
What will Chris Pine and the Enterprise crew be up against?
We all figured that the sequel to J.J. Abrams' 2009 "Star Trek" reboot would be called something more elaborate than just "Star Trek 2," but were Trekkers expecting it to be as bleak as "Star Trek Into Darkness"?
That's the title that is being reported by Coming Soon, although there's been no official confirmation from Paramount or Abrams.
"HitFix reached out to sources close to the production, but they wouldn't comment either way on the rumored title."
Abrams is famous for his reliance on secrecy when it comes to his projects both on TV ("Lost," "Fringe") and on the big screen ("Cloverfield," "Super 8"), but a few tidbits of info have been made public, notably the sequel's inclusion of Klingons as the villains. We also know of a few characters who won't be in the film.
"Star Trek Into Darkness" was written by "Transformers" scribes Alex Kurtzman & Roberto Orci and Damon Lindelof ("Prometheus").
"Star Trek" opens May 17, 2013, including screenings in 3D and in IMAX theaters.
What do you think of the rumored title?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama