'Hustle & Flow' director taking on 'Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills'
Plot centers on true story of a beautiful drug mule who posed as an heiress
Craig Brewer has an intriguing new project on the horizon.
The "Hustle & Flow" helmer has signed on to write and direct Paramount's "Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills," based on an article featured in the August 2012 issue of Rolling Stone magazine. Written by Sabrina Rubin Erdely, the piece tells the true story of Lisette Lee, a well-healed drug mule who posed as an heiress to the Samsung fortune. The beautiful imposter, who also claimed to be a model, singer and actress, was later caught smuggling 500 pounds of marijuana into Ohio and sentenced to six years in prison.
The news was broken by Deadline.
Brewer last directed the "Footloose" remake for Paramount, which grossed over $60 million worldwide on a reported $24 million budget. In-between that and "Hustle & Flow," he helmed "Black Snake Moan" starring Samuel L. Jackson and Christina Ricci in addition to several TV projects. He's next slated to direct the Fox pilot "Boomerang" starring Felicity Huffman.
Are you a fan of Brewer's? Does "Gangster Princess of Beverly Hills" sound like something you'd like to see? Let us know in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18