Hugh Jackman says he hasn't signed on to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' yet
Plus: Could Halle Berry and James Marsden return?
NEW YORK - With the storyline of the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" allowing mutant heroes from the original film trilogy to share screen time with the stars of "X-Men: First Class," fans want to know if Hugh Jackman will be reprising his signature role as the ornery mutant Wolverine.
While the star is in talks to appear in the Bryan Singer-directed films, he revealed to HitFix that nothing is yet set in stone.
When Jackman sat down with HitFix to discuss his role in the upcoming Oscar hopeful "Les Miserables," he took a minute to talk about his most famous role. Watch the video above.
"I've been talking to Bryan Singer about it," he revealed. "I haven't seen a script. I don't know what that will be. The whole journey began with Bryan so I'd love to be able to work with him again. I'm not sure what form that will take."
He also says he enjoyed his brief, and memorable, cameo in "X-Men: First Class."
Meanwhile "X-Men" vet Ian McKellen (Magneto) has signed on, while Patrick Stewart (Professor X) appears to be near a deal. Likewise, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Fox is hard at work getting other "X-Men" stars -- potentially including Halle Berry (Storm ) and Jason Marsden (Cyclops) -- to return as well.
Of course, Jackman will be seen as the character in "The Wolverine," which is scheduled to be released on July 26, 2013.
In the meantime, you can catch him in "Les Miserables," which opens December 25.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21