Hugh Jackman says he hasn't signed on to 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' yet
Plus: Could Halle Berry and James Marsden return?
NEW YORK - With the storyline of the upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" allowing mutant heroes from the original film trilogy to share screen time with the stars of "X-Men: First Class," fans want to know if Hugh Jackman will be reprising his signature role as the ornery mutant Wolverine.
While the star is in talks to appear in the Bryan Singer-directed films, he revealed to HitFix that nothing is yet set in stone.
When Jackman sat down with HitFix to discuss his role in the upcoming Oscar hopeful "Les Miserables," he took a minute to talk about his most famous role. Watch the video above.
"I've been talking to Bryan Singer about it," he revealed. "I haven't seen a script. I don't know what that will be. The whole journey began with Bryan so I'd love to be able to work with him again. I'm not sure what form that will take."
He also says he enjoyed his brief, and memorable, cameo in "X-Men: First Class."
Meanwhile "X-Men" vet Ian McKellen (Magneto) has signed on, while Patrick Stewart (Professor X) appears to be near a deal. Likewise, The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that Fox is hard at work getting other "X-Men" stars -- potentially including Halle Berry (Storm ) and Jason Marsden (Cyclops) -- to return as well.
Of course, Jackman will be seen as the character in "The Wolverine," which is scheduled to be released on July 26, 2013.
In the meantime, you can catch him in "Les Miserables," which opens December 25.
News From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'