Hugh Jackman in talks to reprise Wolverine in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen already on board for 'First Class' follow-up
Hugh Jackman is suiting up for yet another turn as everyone's favorite adamantium-clawed mutant.
With Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen already on board for Bryan Singer's "First Class" follow-up "X-Men: Days of Future Past," Jackman is now in talks to reprise the role of Wolverine in the film, according to The Hollywood Reporter. If his attachment becomes official, this would be the actor's sixth time out as the popular character.
Jackman, Stewart and McKellen starred together in the first three "X-Men" movies, two of which Singer directed. Matthew Vaughn stepped in to reboot the franchise with last year's "X-Men: First Class," a prequel that saw James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender stepping in to replace the latter two actors in the roles of Professor X and Magneto, respectively.
Now, of course, current and former stars of the franchise are uniting for "Days of Future Past," based on Chris Claremont's classic 1981 storyline that ping-pongs back and forth between the "present day" and an alternate future in which mutants are held in internment camps. Alerted to the danger, X-Men of the earlier era spring into action to prevent an assassination that will set the dystopian events into motion.
Jackman's much-ballyhooed cameo in "X-Men: First Class" stirred talk of his reprisal in later installments, though this stands as the first official report of his involvement. Not that the "Les Miserables" star has strayed far from the character since the end of the original trilogy - his second solo film in the role, James Mangold's "The Wolverine," is slated for release on July 26.
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" is scheduled to hit theaters on July 18, 2014.
Will you be seeing "X-Men: Days of Future Past"? Does Jackman's involvement make you more likely to attend? Sound off in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite