2013 is going to be a big year for HitFix. We've got a lot of surprises lined up over the next few months including new channels, contributors and original video programming.
First up is a new comedy channel spearheaded by Liana Maeby with an assist from HitFix's Chris Eggersten (for more on Liana check out her witty tweets here). The channel will focus on original content with an entertainment bent and we're incredibly excited about the stuff Liana and Chris are planning. Unfortunately, we have a big problem.
We can't come up with a name.
(Well, we can't come with a name we like.)
HitFix Comedy has been the default title, but that was never intended as the launch name. Perhaps we're looking for something too perfect. Perhaps all the good names are taken. Perhaps it was too easy to come up with the name for our other upcoming channel launch. Or, maybe coming up with something memorable that isn't on the nose is just way harder than it should be. That's where you come in.
We have a great community here at HitFix. You chide us, you praise us, you correct our grammatical errors and you've been a huge part of our success. Now, we're asking for your helping in coming up with a kick-ass name for the new channel.
Think you've got an idea? Reply to the @HitFix tweet embedded below. If we pick your suggestion you'll get 10 original T-shirts featuring the new channel name for you and your friends (and if you know us, you know we make sweet T-shirts). We'll take all your suggestions until 12 PM PST on Friday, May 3.
Thanks in advance from all your friends at HitFix.
1.We'd like the name to be either in the [insert] Fix or HitFix [ ] format. That doesn't mean we'll consider or be inspired by other names.
2. If you suggest something with the words Laugh, Comedy or Funny we've probably already thought of it. Surprise us though.
3. Obviously, no suggestions with swear words have a chance of being picked.
1. Only suggestions retweeted to the embedded tweet (or viewable at this direct link) will be considered. We love your comments, E-mails and facebook comments, but this is a twitter only contest.
2. HitFix has the right to not chose one of the suggested names.
3. If more than one person suggests the same name HitFix ultimately selects, the winner will be determined by the earliest timestamp.
4. No retweets or replies will be considered after 12 PM PST on Friday, May 3.