'Hit and Run's' Joy Bryant talks about the movie and meeting 'Parenthood' fans
Co-star Tom Arnold gives some relationship advice
"Hit and Run," from star-director Dax Shepard, is hitting theaters today, and HitFix's Gregory Ellwood sat down to discuss the film and all sort of other things with two of the film's stars, Joy Bryant and Tom Arnold.
Bryant also stars on the NBC cult favorite "Parenthood, and in the video (above), she reveals how often fans approach her, even hugging her and referring to her as her character name ("Jasmine"). "'Parenthood' fans are no joke," she explains.
She also says she was surprised by the romantic heart at the center of "Hit and Run," which is being sold more as an action-comedy. It follows a young couple (Shepard and Bell) who hit the road in order to escape their small town -- only to run into trouble and all sort of strange people on their way to a new life together.
Being friends with Shepard in real life helped convince her to take the role. "I would've done this movie without even reading the script because I know that it's gonna be dope."
According to Bryant, co-star Bradley Cooper is also "dope." The film also stars Kristin Chenoweth, David Koechner, Michael Rosenbaum and Beau Bridges.
Meanwhile, another of Bryant's co-stars, Tom Arnold, also took some time out to talk with HitFix.
While he was at first somewhat skeptical about making the film ("Do I want to do another independent film for no money for a friend?," he asks rhetorically), Arnold was won over by Shpard's script. He also talks about improvising on the set and working with Shepard and his real-life girlfriend Bell in the film. Arnold also dispenses some sage relationship advice.
Watch his interview here:
"Hit and Run" is in theaters now.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
13 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When