'Harry Potter''s Rupert Grint to star in superhero comedy pilot for CBS
'Super Clyde' represents the Brit's first TV series project
Rupert Grint is trading in his wand for a cape.
The "Harry Potter" star has been cast in the CBS comedy pilot "Super Clyde," in which the British thesp will play a shy fast-food worker who decides to become a superhero. The single-camera project represents Grint's first TV series role.
"Clyde" comes from writer Greg Garcia ("Raising Hope," "My Name Is Earl"), who will executive-produce alongside Mike Fresco. Fresco, who directed several episodes of "Hope" and "Earl" for Garcia, is attached to helm the pilot.
Grint starred as young wizard Ron Weasley in all seven "Harry Potter" films. He'll next be seen in the 2013 Sundance entry "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman" opposite Shia LaBeouf and Evan Rachel Wood.
Does "Super Clyde" sound like something you'd watch? Sound off in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- Hulu.com: Is The Office the Definitive TV Show of the '00s? Craziest 'Simpsons' Couch Gag Yet? Denied By PBS?
- State of Decay, TMNT Release Dates Leaked by Gamestop Watch 'The Hangover 3′ Stars Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong Perform Stand-Up Together in 1998 'Pacific Rim' Trailer: When Man and Machine Become One
- One Direction Announce Where We Are Stadium Tour for 2014 Miley Cyrus Wants Everyone to Know She's Still Engaged by Posting This New Pic Most Anticipated Album Release for June 2013 – Readers Poll
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More The CW's 2013-2014 Schedule: Supernatural Switches Nights Again, The Vampire Diaries Pairs With Reign Watch the Trailers for The CW's New Series, Including The 100, Star-Crossed, and Reign (VIDEO)
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Weekend Movies: 'Star Trek Into Darkness,' 'Black Rock,' and More Bruce Willis Set for 'Expiration': Actor Will Play Hitman in Next Movie Emma Watson Says She is in No Rush 'To Be Seen as a Woman'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In! 'Star Trek' And Klingon: Learn The Language Of The Aliens!