Green Day's video for 'The Forgotten' from 'Breaking Dawn - Part 2': Watch
Footage from the last Twilight Saga film wraps about band scenes
Craving a little “Breaking Dawn —Part 2?” Green Day can help you with that. Today, the band released its video for “The Forgotten," which is featured on the soundtrack for the last film in "The Twilight Saga."
[More after the jump...]
“Where in the world did the time go,” Billie Joe Armstrong asks early in the song, which surely echoes the thoughts of all the “Twilight” fans who can’t believe the saga is coming to an end
The clip, composed largely of gauzy-filtered performance footage of Green Day in the studio and on stage, is interspersed with scenes from “Breaking Dawn,” including Bella with her daughter and of Bella and Jacob running through the woods. There’s also a lovely shot of a spider, which may mean something to Twilighters.
The song is a lovely, spare piano ballad bolstered by tasteful strings that enhance the track, other than overwhelm it. There’s no real build in the tension. Instead, the song relies on repetition of the “Don’t look away” line. For a band whose canon is full of deeply cynical songs, Green Day can nicely put aside the snark and the rock for a sweet ballad like this or “Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life).”
In fact, Armstrong is completely believable as he sings, “Don’t look away from the arms of a bad dream/Don’t look away sometimes you’re better lost than to be seen/Don’t look away from the arms of a moment/don’t look away from the arms of tomorrow/don’t look away from the arms of the moment/don’t look away from the arms of love.” Though we don’t know the inspiration behind the song, it’s as if he’s singing to one of his children.The song has a little bit of the same vibe as Oasis' "Don't Look Back In Anger," don't you think?
“The Breaking Dawn - Part 2" soundtrack arrives in stores Nov. 13, right before the movie opens on Nov. 16. It also features new music from Passion Pit, Ellie Goulding, St. Vincent, Feist and more.
What do you think of "The Forgotten?"
News From Our Partners
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
Taylor Swift, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and Prince set to performSunday, May 19, 2013
So is the new album title really 'Yeezus?'Sunday, May 19, 2013
'The Great Gatsby' and Beyonce's bey-bey also make the listSunday, May 19, 2013
Who is in the lead?Saturday, May 18, 2013