Grammys: Trent Reznor, 'Midnight in Paris,' Taylor Swift and Civil Wars win film categories
Also: 'Once' stage adaptation takes home Best Musical Theater Album
Though she lost to Adele's "Skyfall" theme at the Golden Globes last month, Taylor Swift came away victorious on Grammy night for her "Hunger Games" soundtrack contribution "Safe & Sound."
The multi-platinum singer won the trophy for Best Song Written for Visual Media at the pre-televised ceremony alongside collaborators The Civil Wars and producer T-Bone Burnett, adding a seventh Grammy to her career haul and a third to the Civil Wars' overall coffers.
In other film-related awards, Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross's "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" soundtrack won for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media, giving Reznor his third Grammy (he won two with Nine Inch Nails) and Ross his first. The two also won an Oscar for their "Social Network" score at the 2011 Academy Awards.
The soundtrack to Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris," meanwhile, won the Grammy for Best Compilation Soundtrack Album, beating out "The Descendants," "Marley," "The Muppets" and "Rock of Ages." In the Broadway-adjacent realm, the Tony-winning stage adaptation of "Once" won Best Musical Theater album over "Newsies, "Follies," "The Gershwins' Porgy and Bess" and "Nice Work If You Can Get It."
The 55th Annual Grammy Awards airs tonight on CBS. You can keep up with all the winners as the night unfolds here.
News From Our Partners
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More