'Glee' cast to cover Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' on Season 4 premiere
Hit summer tune getting a new interpretation from the New Directions gang
"Glee" is hopping on the Carly Rae Jepsen bandwagon.
The cast of the Fox series will cover the singer's smash summer tune "Call Me Maybe" on the Season 4 opener, making them just the latest interpreters of the ubiquitous radio hit. The upcoming season will see the New Directions gang tackling life after high school graduation.
The news was broken by Entertainment Weekly.
"Call Me Maybe" is now the most successful single of 2012, logging a whopping nine weeks at #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.
"Glee" Season 4 premieres September 13 on Fox.
Are you tired of "Call Me Maybe" yet, or do you welcome another cover version? Sound off in the comments.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
1 day ago
11 days ago
|Discuss Scripted Dramas on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard