Gary Oldman joins 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' as human resistance leader
'Dark Knight Rises' thesp to star opposite Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee
Gary Oldman is going to war with the primates.
The "Tinker, Tailor" thesp has signed on to star as human resistance leader Dreyfus in Fox's "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," the sequel to the $480 million-grossing reboot "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" from 2011. Oldman joins the previously-cast Jason Clarke ("Zero Dark Thirty") and Kodi Smit-McPhee ("Let Me In") in the follow-up, which has "Cloverfield" director Matt Reeves stepping in for "Rise" helmer Rupert Wyatt.
The news was broken by Deadline.
Oldman last starred in two 2012 movies, "The Dark Knight Rises" and "Lawless." He's also slated to play the creator of "Robocop" in director Jose Padilha's upcoming remake.
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" has been set for release on May 23, 2014.
What do you think of Oldman's casting? Sound off in the comments.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H