'Game of Thrones' and 'Firefly' reunion dominate Comic-Con's Friday events
'The Walking Dead,' 'Breaking Bad' and 'Community' sure to draw crowds
Some of the most-anticipated panels of this year's San Diego Comic-Con will take place on Friday, July 13. The just-released official schedule is loaded with TV fan favorites such as "Game of Thrones," "The Walking Dead," "Breaking Bad" and "Community," with stars galore scheduled to attend.
Let's not forget the highly-anticipated "Firefly" reunion, which is guaranteed to have a line that will wrap around the entire convention center.
The mega-sized Hall H will be home to wall-to-wall TV events during the early afternoon, before giving way to some movie stars later on in the day. Factoring in waiting time, the Con's schedule is also asking fans to choose between "Firefly" and "The Walking Dead." Two shows enter, one show leaves.
We'll also get to see if The CW's new superhero show "Arrow" hits the target with the Comic-Con crowd.
Here are the TV panel highlights for Friday:
Who: Joel McHale, Gillian Jacobs, Danny Pudi, Yvette Nicole Brown and Alison Brie
The Lowdown: Last year, the NBC series' panel was located across the street. This year, they've been upgraded to Ballroom 20, although co-stars Chevy Chase and Donald Glover aren't scheduled to appear. Nor are new show runners Moses Port and David Guarascio. With the show's well-publicized behind-the-scenes shakeups, this Q&A could get interesting.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
The Lowdown: The hit show about geeks will treat actual geeks to a screening and Q&A, for the first time in the massive (5,000 seat) Hall H.
"Firefly" 10-Year Anniversary Reunion
Who: Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Sean Maher, Summer Glau, and many more
THe Lowdown: It's hard to believe its been an entire decade since Joss Whedon's cult sci-fi show was on the air, and loyal fans wouldn't dream of missing this event that promises a Q&A, "special surprises" and exclusive Science Channel giveaways.
"The Walking Dead"
Who: Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Norman Reedus, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Danai Gurira, David Morrissey, executive producers Glen Mazzara, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, and Greg Nicotero
The Lowdown: That's a lot of names to take part in the panel, but there will certainly be a lot of questions asked about AMC's smash zombie drama. The panelists will discuss season 2 and give an exclusive sneak preview of season 3, including newcomer Morrissey as The Governor. Chris Hardwick ("Talking Dead") will moderate.
Who: David Boreanaz, Emily Deschanel, creator Hart Hanson and executive producer Stephen NathanThe Lowdown: The stars of the long-running series will talk about season 7's finale and what we can expect in season 8. The panel will be followed by a fan Q&A.
"Game of Thrones"
Who: Alfie Allen, Emilia Clarke, Michelle Fairley, Kit Harington, Lena Headey, Richard Madden, writer George R. R. Martin and executive producer Carolyn Strauss
The Lowdown: Hot on the heels of the end of the HBO series' second season, cast and crew members will discuss the massively popular fantasy show's past, present and future in an hour-long discussion panel. There won't be much in the way of new footage, but this is still surely to be among the Con's biggest draws.
Who: Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, executive producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg and pilot director/executive producer David Nutter.
The Lowdown: One of the few new shows sure to make a splash at the Con is The CW series based on comic book hero Green Arrow. A screening of the full "Arrow" pilot will be followed by a Q&A.
Who: Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, R. J. Mitte, Jonathan Banks
and executive producer Vince Gilligan
The Lowdown: Comic-Con saved the best for last, as Gilligan and his stellar cast will discuss the final 16 episodes of the beloved series. Fans will witness a Q&A session and an official sneak preview of season 5, which premieres on AMC Sunday, July 15. TV Guide's Mike Schneider is moderating the panel.
Look for complete hall-to-hall coverage of Comic-Con 2012 from the entire HitFix team beginning Wednesday, July 11-Sunday, July 15.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
5 months ago
8 months ago
|Discuss TV General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama