G4 cancels 'Attack of the Show' and 'X-Play'
Shows coming to an end as the cable network plans to rebrand
It looks like it's game over for two of cable's most beloved geek-friendly shows.
"Attack of the Show" and "X-Play" will soon be no more, but G4 is giving fans some time to say goodbye.
The two popular series will come to an end as part of the network's plan to make itself over next year, according to TVGuide.
Both shows will air new episodes through December, and will wrap up production by the end of the year.
For the final episodes, "Attack of the Show" co-hosts Candace Bailey and Sara Underwood will be joined by several guest hosts, including comedians Michael Ian Black, Paul Scheer, Rob Huebel and Horatio Sanz.
Likewise, "X-Play" hosts Morgan Webb and Blair Herter will also share screen time with well-known guests hosts.
"Attack," which debuted in March 2005 and launched the career of Olivia Munn, has aired around 1,700 episodes, while "X-Play" will end up with just under 1,300 episodes. It launched in April 2003, back when G4 was known as TechTV.
Although the details of the network's rebranding are being kept behind close doors, some are speculating that G4 may be partnering with Esquire magazine in order to make the change more palatable to upscale consumers. There will doubtlessly still be a nerd-friendly side to the network though.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
5 months ago
8 months ago
|Discuss TV General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...