Frank Ocean wrote a song for 'Django Unchained'
R&B singer also working with Beyonce and Alicia Keys
Frank Ocean is in demand -- if that wasn't already apparent -- and Quentin Tarantino is among the admirers. In a somewhat rare interview with GQ, Ocean revealed that he'd made a song for the film director's forthcoming film "Django Unchained." No word yet if the track made the cut, but knowing Tarantino's taste, Ocean's a natural contender.
The interview also included the fun fact that Ocean is cobbling together his third album and is "working" on songs for Alicia Keys and Beyonce. The latter artist was one of Ocean's more vocal supporters when he penned an open letter on his Tumblr explaining that his first love was a man.
Speculation as to precisely what sexual orientation Ocean is lead to the question: "So do you consider yourself bisexual?", to which Ocean replied, in essence, that he will not be put in a box.
"People should pay attention to that in the letter: I didn't need to label it for it to have impact... Just take what I give you. You ain't got to pry beyond that. I'm giving you what I feel like you can feel. The other shit, you can't feel. You can't feel a box. You can't feel a label."
Whatever brand of sexuality Ocean considers himself, his "coming-out" of having a previous same-sex relationship made waves among gay and queer communities earlier this year. As an in-demand singer, he's found himself in the world of hip-hop where anti-homosexual epithets and sentiments have been the norm. He's among one of the better known and more popular artists to have made such disclosures in recent years.
News From Our Partners
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title