Follow HitFix Follow @hitfix
Fox denies scrapping 'Fantastic Four' reboot plans with director Josh Trank
Studio says rumors of creative upheavals are untrue
(CBR) 20th Century Fox has denied the "Fantastic Four" rumor circulated Friday afternoon by Bleeding Cool. The report stated the studio was scrapping existing plans for their reboot of Marvel's "Fantastic Four" -- including director Josh Trank, the script by Simon Kinberg and, potentially, the recently announced cast. A representative for the studio told CBR News succinctly, "This is not true." Following an earlier denial published by ScreenCrush, Bleeding Cool updated their story to state "we remain confident in our source."
The denial to CBR News came after both Bleeding Cool's initial report and subsequent update. A "Fantastic Four" reboot has been in the works at Fox for years, following the previous 2005 and 2007 live-action films. Trank's involvement was confirmed in July 2012, and Kinberg has been on board as a writer and producer since last October. Last month, reports revealed the film's titular foursome: Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic/Reed Richards, Kate Mara as the Invisible Woman/Sue Storm, Michael B. Jordan as the Human Torch/Johnny Storm and Jamie Bell as the Thing/Ben Grimm. Fox's new "Fantastic Four" film is scheduled for release on June 19, 2015.
Copyright © 2014 Comic Book Resources. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.